Trash Pickup Guidelines
- Please have items out by 7:00 a.m.
- Bulk items will be picked up curbside on Mondays and Thurdays
- Each home is allowed up to six (6) cans of properly contained household waste with each weighing less than 40 pounds for each pickup day
- Yard waste will be collected at the curb and must be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds
- Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by certified vendor that all Freon has been removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not properly tagged, they will be left at the curb.
- Bulk items which are too large to put in with normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on the size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of the item(s).
Excluded from Trash Collection
The following items are considered hazardous waste and will not be collected:
- Medical waste
- Any appliance containing Freon
- Car batteries
- Dead animals
- Chemicals of any kind
- Car parts
- Large quantities of carpeting
- Rolls of carpet
- Any construction type material or debris
- Toxic or radioactive waste
Recycling Pickup Guidelines
- Please have bins out by 7:00 a.m
- Please leave lids off all plastic containers – helps with compression – lids can go in recycling bin
- Please rinse any residue from containers
- Please breakdown any medium and large cardboard boxes
- Please remember we cannot take any type of Styrofoam products (packing peanuts, cups, plates, egg cartons, etc)
- No need to separate items – everything goes into the same recycling bin
- Excess items may be put in a regular trash can that has been marked as “recycling” or any white, clear or blue trash bag - no black trash bags will be picked up (guys have to be able to see inside for possible contamination)
- Recycling emblem stickers are available upon request which can be used to “recycle” an idle trash can or container into a recycling container – just give us a call or send us an e-mail.
- On windy days please place items in a white or clear trash bag and set it in the recycling bin (this prevents items from blowing out and across the yard and street)
Accepted Materials for Recycling
- Aluminum & Steel
Unacceptable Items for Recycling
These items either fall under the hazardous waste umbrella or simply just not recyclable.
- Biohazard Waste
- Medical Waste
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Food Encrusted paper or cardboard